Information Technology Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: IT Support Technician is responsible for performing technical assistance to the Resort and Convention Center's information technology systems.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business Administration from a four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: Valid driver's license required.
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE:
- Experience with server and workstation operating systems including Windows 2003 to Current
- Experience with virtualized computing environments including VMWare
- Experience and familiarity with Cisco networking and wireless environments
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and IIS environments
- Working knowledge of Citrix Environment
- Experience with Backup & Disaster Recovery solutions
- Experience with Audio & Video systems
- Experience with data cabling including Cat5, Cat5e, and Cat6 network terminations
- Experience with email and messaging systems like Novell Groupwise
- Prior experience managing an IT Helpdesk and ticketing system
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and listening skills.
- Must be computer literate, with superior programming and usage skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret simple documents, such as safety rules and regulations, technical procedure manuals, instructions, and basic correspondence, reports and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills required.
- General knowledge of the practices and procedures of a convention center, hotel conference services, waterpark, theme park environment helpful.
- Need to be a team player, willing to help anyone in the immediate area on a minute's notice.
- Must be detail oriented, a self-motivator, and able to work independently.
- Required to regularly talk or hear, stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Required occasionally to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force infrequently, and/or 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to move frequently throughout the large facilities.
- Is frequently required to risk danger of electrical shock and/or radiation (from computers).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the theme or waterpark floors or other guest areas the noise level can increase to loud.
- Specific vision abilities required that include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly and to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately and work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must be effective in dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, Guests and Vendors.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from system users in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Installs selected software, maintaining proper security levels and access rights.
- Ensures the quality of systems operations in all areas of the company, by communicating with all levels of systems users and offering direction and assistance as needed.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the Systems Department, by attending regularly scheduled department meetings and participating in Daily Promise meetings.
- Ensure a maximum level of service and satisfaction to all systems users is achieved and maintained.
- Conduct an inventory of all systems on property, and maintain accurate records by updating information as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all appropriate software and network applications.
- Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Will possess excellent oral and written communication and listening skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Director of Experience ProductionColombus Museum of Science and IndustryColumbus, OH, United States24 Apr
Information Technology SpecialistKalahari ResortsWisconsin Dells, WI, United States20 Apr
Director of Entertainment Events- Queen MaryThe Queen MaryLong Beach, CA, United States19 Apr
Corporate Development OfficerThe National Portrait GalleryLondon, United Kingdom18 Apr
Food and Beverage ManagerOregon ZooOregon, United States18 Apr
Latest from the webjobs by
LONGLEAT - Guest Engagement Team MemberLongleatWarminster22 Mar
Senior Quality Assurance (QA) AnalystMerlin Business SupportChessington KT925 Apr
Visitor Services AssistantHampshire County CouncilBotley21 Apr
Engineering Admin Assistant - Part TimeMarriott International, IncLondon10 Apr
2017 House ParentEmbassy SummerLondon10 Apr
Attraction DesignerAlterface S.A.Wavre, Belgique07 Apr
Director of Application DevelopmentShedd AquariumChicago, IL, United States06 Apr
Assistant Director, EntertainmentHershey Entertainment and ResortsHershey, PA, United States12 Apr
Director of DevelopmentWoodland Park ZooSeattle, WA, United States14 Apr
Lead Android DeveloperAttractions.ioStaffordshire, UK16 Apr